THE TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGIN'...
The 2020 Employment Law Update
Join us at our upcoming webinar to prepare for 2020! Topics to be discussed will include (among many others):
• FEHA statute of limitations expanded
• California bans arbitration of FEHA and Labor Code claims; is it legal?
• Deciphering AB 5, Dynamex and the use of independent contractors in the workplace
• Extended deadline for sexual harassment prevention training for employers with five or more employees
• Paid Family Leave expansions (more on the horizon!)
• Amendments to the FEHA's protected categories and required policy updates for all employers
• New lactation accommodation requirements
• CalSavers Program is here – are you ready? Is it legal?
• Significant local and state minimum wage changes
• Expanded penalties for failure to pay wages
• Individual liability for wage and hour violations
• Organ donation changes
• Voting law updates
• Updates to the OSHA injury reporting requirement
• CROWN Act explained
• Expanded definition of “Registered Domestic Partnerships”
• Changes to key forms and new hire documents
• Pay for “Computer Software” and “Physicians and Surgeons” on the rise
• EEO-1 Component 2 reporting requirements
• Overtime changes for agricultural workers
• Update on DFEH anti-harassment programs, postings, trainings and sample materials
• Arbitration do's and don'ts and the U.S. Supreme Court’s view on class waivers
• Rest and meal break relief for certain industries
• More changes to PAGA (the "sue your boss" law)
• Expanded interpretation of what constitutes “reporting for work”
• Non-discretionary bonuses don’t just affect overtime….
• New cases on commute time and the use of company vehicles
• Clarifications regarding the ministerial exemption
• New issues on the importance of carefully-drafted arbitration agreements
• Required handbook updates for 2020
• Many, many more….
• REGISTRATION RATES
$0.00 for CSP Members & Non-Members
(Join CSP today)
NEW MEMBERS: For a limited time, there is a FREE 2 month CSP membership available and/or 25% off membership dues.
• CANCELLATION POLICY
There will be a 25% administration fee for any cancellations. If you need to cancel, we must receive it in writing (email or fax) 2 business days prior to the event during normal business hours. Refunds will not be given to no-shows. Credits will not be issued for use towards future events.
• ADDITIONAL INFORMATION/DISCLAIMER
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, CSP programs and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to our use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions and audiotapes of such programs and activities. If there is an event sponsor, you also agree to having your email address distributed to the sponsor(s).